Thursday, July 18, 2013

Nail Art - Ladybug Nails



Hi! This post will be another nail art tutorial, ladybug nails! I do have to give credit to cutepolish for this idea, her video can be found here. I did tweak her technique a little... you'll see where in my photo tutorial. I just think these ladybug nails are so cute and adorable, and perfect during the spring and summer! Let's start!

Materials needed:

-Classic red cream polish
-Black striper
-Black polish
-White polish
-Dotting tool or the end of a bobby pin




Start with a classic red cream polish as your base colour. I used Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro in Stiletto Red. You can see my swatch and review of this polish here. 

.

Next, using the black striper, make one line across the tips of your nails, then one line down the middle of the nail, making a "T".


Then, with the black polish, fill in the tips to the line across your nail, similar to an over-exagerrated french manicure tip.


Now, using the black polish and a dotting toolmake 3-4 dots alternating the distance from the line down the middle of the nail. Make sure the dots are equal in size and shape.


Finally, using the white polish and a clean dotting tool, make 2 dots on the black tips to create eyes. Finished!

What I used:

Base Coat: 1 coat of Pro FX Epoxy Bond Base Coat
Classic Red Cream Polish: 2 coats of Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Stiletto Red
Black Striper: Kiss Nail Art Paint Black
Black Polish: of 2 coats Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro Black Satin
White Polish: OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls
Dotting Tool: The end of a bobby pin!

I hope you enjoyed this manicure!

Mostin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not hesitate to comment. Provide me with your thoughts, questions, and requests. Give me feedback! I would love to hear from you!